Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Thanks for breaking on a Saturday car!

My car has failed me today. I normally love my car. She (yes she's a female) transports me from point A to point B flawlessly and we always have a good time getting here. This morning was a special Saturday morning. I had to work, Mike had to go pick up the kids from their sleepover but you know what happens? Car doesn't want to start. Thankfully my brother was just wrapping up an overnight shift and was able to come in and take me to work and lend Mike his car while he naps it out, but it was still an incredibly stressful morning. All I could think about at work was "how much is this going to cost? Will this repair be covered under warranty? Please Please let it be something stupid like the battery". Needless to say it was long work day. Of course this my normal grocery shopping day, so as always, this happened at the worst possible time. I don't think there is ever a "good" time for the car to take a break, but it sure didn't have to be on a day when I have tons to do. 

Any way, after a full day of worry I get both the good and bad news. Bad news is, my fuel pump is no more. Repair costs are in the $700-$800 range. Crap. Good news! It's under warranty!! Yay! I just cashed in some major karma points! So instead of hitting up the Chili Cookoff, or the Fall Festival at Cedar Park YMCA, we'll be home. While the kids may complain about the lack of activites this weekend, I'm going to be thrilled to sit at home and catch up on TV till the car is ready for action again. I'll make it up to the kids next weekend with a trip to the pumpkin patch. All will be forgiven then and I'll be the "best mommy ever!"   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment