Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Life in Round Rock

Since we've moved, I've talked to all my friends and family about where we live and tried my best to describe what makes Round Rock so much better then Bellflower. Don't get me wrong. I loved Bellflower. I loved Bellflower because it was where I was born and raised. It's where I went to school and met a lot of great people, and most importantly, it's where both my boys were born. Even though Bellflower holds a special place in my heart, it was never where I wanted to raise a family. 

So here is a little "tour" of the new place I call home. The place where we plan on buying a home, raising the boys. Round Rock, TX

This is the water tower which is located next to the famous Round Rock Donuts. Back home in CA, water towers were far and few between. During Christmas this water tower is lite up with lights. Round Rock Donuts are pretty darn good. I heard of them before since they were featured on Man vs Food. I am proud to say that I have not tried the Texas donut. No one needs that much donut.


One of the biggest draws to Round Rock were the schools. Mikey had to spend kindergarten at a Bellflower school and it was awful. He had 32 kids in his class with one teacher. Here at his new school, there are only roughly 20 kids. His reading level has improved so much and his behavior has improved as well. The PTA is very active in planning school activities and the communication between the school and parents is amazing. HUGE difference from what I experienced back in CA.


Words can not express how good the food is here. The above photo was taken at Rudy's BBQ. Now Rudy's is a BBQ chain out here, but in my opinion, the one is Round Rock is the best. I've eaten at a couple others, but they don't come close to the one close to home. Round Rock is not only home to BBQ places, but we also got a food truck park (see photo below from Yelp)
The food trucks are a big thing in Austin, so having one in Round Rock is amazing for someone like me (someone who hates going far from home). 


I need to take a second and talk about the community here in Round Rock. The city offers some amazing events through out the year. One of the events we attended was Touch a Truck. The purpose of this event was to bring in different types of working vehicles and give children a chance to see these up close and personal. We took the boys and had a great time. My kids are obsessed with any type of large truck, so they were having a field day.





Another great example of a what a wonderful community I joined, was that despite the fact that my son goes to a home day care, the RR Fire Dept came out and taught the kids about what they do. 
I actually took the time from work to join my youngest and his friends for the fire department visit. They had a wonderful time. 

I'm sure I could go on and on and share more photos with everyone, but I'll wrap this up. The whole point of this post is just to share with every one I left behind what kind of life we are living now and hopefully motivate you to come visit us soon!













No comments:

Post a Comment